Friday, January 13, 2012

Blue Dog

She says:
When I was in New Orleans on a mission trip, I became completely enamored with the Blue Dog paintings of local artist George Rodrigue.  So for one of my sculpture projects I built a bench with Blue Dog bench ends, just because I could.  After the class was over, I dismantled the sculpture and now just have a plywood Blue Dog that I can't seem to part with. 

I came across a collection of Rodrigue's paintings, called "Blue Dog Speaks", at the local library, and I thought it would be neat to put my random plywood dog to use in recreating some of Rodrigue's paintings.  This is the basic idea, although not the best composition of the painting "My Yellow Chair":


I just thought it was funny because one of the only furniture item that we own (as our rental house came partially furnished) is my yellow chair!

No comments:

Post a Comment