She says:
Since moving we have been without the internet, which made me realize how dependent on the internet I have become. I sent out birthday cards late because I couldn't use Facebook to double-check when friends' birthdays were. I haven't known what the weather was supposed to be like from day to day. We've fallen terribly behind on all our shows (all two of them--'Criminal Minds' and 'Once Upon a Time'). And we couldn't find out showtimes for 'The Avengers' or a phone number to the movie theater, so we just drove there "around 7:00". We would have walked but there was thunder and lightning. But if we had walked, the movie would have started without us (we arrived by car 5 minutes before showtime!).
However, we have managed to get by. I started work at Michaels last Thursday, and Jason and I both worked through the weekend, so we have been keeping ourselves plenty busy. Unfortunately this has also slowed progress on getting our new place in order--and we were making great progress!
 |
| By the end of Saturday we had everything moved in...but nothing put away. |
 |
| Sunday for lunch we ate leftovers standing over the sink. |
 |
| Sunday evening we had english muffins for dinner. That's all. We just ate an entire package of english muffins. And we didn't have a place for our toaster, so it was temporarily set up on the stove top. Classy. |
 |
| But after dinner we were able to watch a movie (The Matrix Reloaded) in our newly set up living room. We celebrated with cider! |
 |
| On Monday we got our kitchen all set up, and we were able to cook up a fancy dinner in it. |
We still have some odds and ends to find places for, but it's already starting to feel more like home.
Oh! And I'm excited to be getting back to having the handy-dandy internet at home! The internet guy is scheduled to be out tomorrow afternoon to hook us up.
No comments:
Post a Comment