She says:
I am currently on day five of my vacation from caffeine. <----- That's the nice way of saying I'm ending my addiction.
A while back I realized that even though I love coffee, I wasn't handling caffeine very well. Without my morning cup of coffee, I ended up wandering through my day with headaches and the light-sensitivity of an oncoming migraine. In less than a year I've gone through an entire 100 pill bottle of migraine medicine (which has caffeine in it!). If I caught up on my coffee intake later in the day or had an extra serving to help me along with evening classes, I end up feeling jittery (minimum) or about to have a panic attack (maximum).
This past week without caffeine has not been particularly pleasant either. Headaches galore! Weird sleeping patterns! Unable to regulate my body temperature! But in the end, it is all for the best. I still plan to drink coffee on occasion (because I love it!), but not to the point that it makes or breaks my everyday life.
No comments:
Post a Comment